Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
Branding, Behaviour Change and Communication Specialist
Type of Employment :
Contractual, Full Time (
31 Jan, 2020
IPE Global Limited is an international development consulting group providing expert technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group’s areas of expertise includes Health, Nutrition and WASH, Urban and Infrastructure Development, Education and Skills Development, Private Sector Development, Environment and Climate Change, Social and Economic Empowerment, Governance, Grant and Fund Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, and Information Technology & e-Governance.
- We are ISO 9001:2015 certified, CMMI® Level 3 and ISO 27001:2013 certified company.
- Over last 20 years, we have successfully implemented over 700 projects in over 100 countries.
- We have over 800 full time professional staff and over 1000 empanelled consultants working on various projects across the globe.
- We partner with multilateral & bilateral agencies including DFID, USAID, World Bank, DANIDA, KfW, EU, ADB, etc.; governments; private sector; and philanthropic organisation like BMGF, MasterCard Foundation, etc.
- We have subsidiaries and offices in UK (IPE Triple Line), Kenya, Ethiopia, India, Bangladesh, and Philippines
For more details, please visit www.ipeglobal.com ; www.ipeafrica.com
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Manzil is a 5 year project that aims to increase retention of girls in school and increase the number of girls transitioning from school and skills training to work. In The project will adopt a focused and market driven approach for vocational training and skill development for in- school and out of school adolescent girls in the age group of 15-18 years. The project will work with Government of Rajasthan across 5 districts.
The Specialist will be leading the Communication & Behaviour Change component of the project.
- Develop and design communication & behaviour change strategy for the project
- Provide support to the state & district teams in operationalizing of communication strategies including problem solving, course correction, as required, to ensure project is on track
- Regularly monitor and provide supportive supervision to project activities
- Provide guidance in documenting lessons learned, process documentation and other
- Lead in writing and producing communication materials such as development stories, case studies, press releases, brochures, newsletters, posters, video scripts, reports, etc.
- Inputs in developing, testing and finalizing content and modules, as required for the project
- Develop content for IPC (Flip Chart, Flash Cards, etc.), Group Counselling (Charts and Pictorials), Social Mobilization (Haat, Mela, Folk Media, Festivals, important days, Programme Communication (audio and video scripts and lyrics etc.), Advocacy (Media, PRI etc.).
- Ensure the developed products are customized for young girls and their parents
- Training and Capacity Building: Organize capacity building and training in IEC/BCC approaches as needed under the project.
- Liaise with media agencies, partner organizations, and field staff on strategy and for development of quality outputs;
- Improve learning and sharing of information between partner organizations through the facilitation of knowledge sharing;
- Support in organizing dissemination workshops, meetings, special events, etc.;
- Coordinate the content generation for the program website and other social media platforms, including writing, editing and preparing stories and social media messages.
In addition the Specialist may need to undertake other tasks related to the area of expertise, as assigned by Team Leader
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Post Graduate degree in mass communication, journalism, social sciences or a related relevant field from a recognized university
- At least 10 years of experience in designing, and implementing social and behavioural change communication;
- Strong understanding of participatory communication design;
- Strong writing abilities and communication capacity;
- Ability to influence diverse actors - government, civil society and communities;
- Proven expertise in monitoring and evaluating activities on the basis of applied communication research.
- Good knowledge of best practices and innovations related to community engagement
- Experience in handling mass media campaigns related to development issues
- Excellent command of English and Hindi language, both written and oral.
- Ability to translate data / information into a comprehensive narrative for multiple audiences;
- Experience in working with adolescent girls on behavior change communication
- Preference will be given to those who have experience working on large scale development programs.
- Knowledge of skill sector and managing government projects is an advantage
- Preference will be given to those having previous experience of working with demanding clients, private foundations and corporates;
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
Download Job Description