Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
Manager- Health Insurance Product
Type of Employment :
Contractual ( Mid Level)
30 Jun, 2018
About IPE Global:
IPE Global Private Limited is an international development consulting group providing Specialist technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group’s areas of Specialities includes Health, Nutrition and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Urban Development, Education and Skills Development, Infrastructure and Engineering Development, Private Sector Development, Tourism Heritage and Conservation, Environment and Climate Change, Agriculture Development, Forest Governance, Social and Economic Empowerment, Governance, Grant and Fund Management, Economic & Public Financial Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning and Information Technology & e-Governance.
- We are ISO 9001:2015 certified, CMMI® Level 3 and ISO 27001:2013 certified company.
- Over last 18 years, we have successfully implemented over 700 projects in over 100 countries.
- We have over 800 full time professional staff and over 1000 empanelled consultants working on various projects across the globe.
- We partner with multilateral & bilateral agencies including DFID, USAID, World Bank, DANIDA, KfW, EU, ADB, etc.; governments; private sector; and philanthropic organisation like BMGF, MasterCard Foundation, etc.
- We have subsidiaries and offices in UK (IPE Triple Line), Kenya, Ethiopia, India, Bangladesh, and Philippines
Urban Health Project:
IPE Global is implementing Partnerships for Affordable Healthcare Access and Longevity (PAHAL), a 5 year project, in Cooperative Agreement with USAID that aims to reduce preventable morbidity and mortality among women and children in urban areas by increasing access to and utilization of high quality healthcare services with a special focus on MNCH and FP services by leveraging private sector Inclusive Business Models (IBMs) in healthcare. With this strategic framework the program aims that 10 million urban poor will have access to quality primary healthcare services resulting in a reduction in the Out of Pocket (OOP) Expenditure. The Project will be covering urban communities in Rajasthan, Odisha, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal and Madhya Pradesh and will scout for potential partnerships and expansion in other high focus states for USAID. Key Strategic Interventions areas include; (i) Providing technical and financial advisory to IBMs for their scale up; (ii) Scale up of need-based innovations, products leveraging technology to improve point of care (PoC) delivery in the community; (iii) Develop and roll out innovative demand side financing mechanisms that will increase ability of the urban poor to access quality healthcare; (iv) Adapt and roll out demand generation and behavior change communication (BCC) campaigns to increase awareness and adoption of health seeking behavior among the urban poor.
Developing and scaling up affordable, viable demand side financing mechanism / health insurance product is one of the key interventions and the PAHAL project is working with insurance companies and experts to develop such products
- Manage development of suitable Micro Health Insurance Products for low income population in India with partners (experts, insurance companies and IBM partners)
- Analyze market, existing products, trends for ideas and refinement possibilities
- Identification of appropriate partners – insurance agencies, actuaries, MFIs, Community Based Organizations etc.
- Ideate on new product specifications with the implementation partners, based on inputs from secondary research, surveys, and feasibility studies
- Oversee the pilot of the product and its refinement
- Participate in the devising the marketing and scale up strategy
- Ensure compliance with regulations for new products
- Collaboration with different partners for design, development and roll out of the micro-insurance product
- Stakeholder management, progress reporting and presentation at forums
- Relationship management with Business Partners on a strategic level and day to day requirements.
Master’s in areas of Business Administration, Finance, Management, Economics, Commerce or CA, ICWA
- Minimum 5-7 yrs. experience in Banking or Financial Services
- Preferred experience in Product Management/ Insurance/ Micro-insurance / Health Financing.
Essential skill set
- Strategic thinking
- Analytical ability
- Project Management
- Interpersonal skills
- Solution orientation
- Ability to understand and work with Pricing Actuaries
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Passion about delivery and focus on results
IPE Global is committed to using fair, objective and positive employment practices to promote equal opportunities and diversity in employment, ensuring that all employees including potential employees are treated fairly, consistently and with respect, before, during and after, their employment. We seek to create an environment that is representative of, and responsive to, different groups.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Download Job Description