Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India
Type of Employment :
Contractual ( Senior Level)
31 May, 2018
About IPE Global:
IPE Global Private Limited is an international development consulting group providing Specialist technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group’s areas of Specialities includes Health, Nutrition and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Urban Development, Education and Skills Development, Infrastructure and Engineering Development, Private Sector Development, Tourism Heritage and Conservation, Environment and Climate Change, Agriculture Development, Forest Governance, Social and Economic Empowerment, Governance, Grant and Fund Management, Economic & Public Financial Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning and Information Technology & e-Governance.
We are an ISO 9001:2015 certified and CMMI® Level 3 company. Over the last 19 years, IPE Global has successfully implemented over 700 projects in over 100 countries, across 5 major continents. IPE Global has 800 full time professional staff and over 1000 empanelled consultants working on various projects across the globe, in different locations. The group partners with multilateral & bilateral agencies, governments, corporates and not-for-profit entities in anchoring development agenda for sustained and equitable growth. For more details, please visit www.ipeglobal.com www.ipeglobal.com
Selection of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Consulting Firm supported by Asian Development bank (ADB):
Monitoring and Evaluation firm will provide high quality services to Himachal Pradesh Kaushal Vikas Nigam (HPKVN). Project resources will be deployed as per the terms agreed with HPKVN. This dedicated team of experts / professionals would be appointed by the Agency for carrying out the assignment.
The M&E firm will assist/support HPKVN in undertaking the following broad tasks and deliverables:
- Prepare an M&E framework covering different project components.
- Collect baseline data.
- Conduct periodic tracer surveys to track performance across project components.
- Skill-gap analysis / demand surveys.
- Project monitoring and Capacity Building.
In addition to coordinating with HPKVN and the other IAs and line Departments, the M&E firm will work closely with the Department of Economics and Statistics (DOES), GOHP, in designing and conducting its surveys, and preparing its evaluation studies.
Fixed Term Employment
IPE Global is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist for our project in Himachal Pradesh, India. The position requires technical support to HPKVN for overall program management of Monitoring and Evaluation initiatives of HPKVN in the state and enabling effective implementation of the project
Key Result Areas
Candidate should have strong experience in projects related to Monitoring and Evaluation and will be required to work closely with different departments, government personnel/ staff, industry representatives and project team members. He/She will:
- The M&E expert will assist HPKVN in tracking the effectiveness of the short-term training courses (NSQF levels 3 and 4) being funded by it.
- Design and conduct surveys for assessing the skills-gap for selected trades in some sample districts of HP.
- Train and supervise the surveyors (including the surveyors and staff of DOES where required).
- Estimate the demand for formal sector / wage employment and informal self- employment
- Based on these findings, advise HPKVN accordingly so that the plans for engaging TSPs can be modified suitably.
- Design and conduct tracer surveys to gauge the effectiveness of the short-term, placement linked training programs being funded by HPKVN.
- Track the trainees for a period of 6 months following the end of the training. Compile the information regarding the placement rate, entry-level salary, and other relevant details in a database.
- Prepare periodic reports on the key findings so that relevant lessons can be drawn.
- Observe the activities of the training service providers and assessors on a random sample basis, and suggest ways in which the quality can be improved.
- Prepare qualitative case studies to document the effectiveness of project interventions in terms of their effect on the lives of trainees.
- Provide inputs to the MIS team to ensure that they track all key parameters pertaining to these short-term training programs, and get the required details from the training providers and assessment agencies.
Qualification & Experience (Mandatory and Desirable):
- Experience of designing and conducting rigorous empirical surveys of development / TVET projects
- Ph.D. or Masters in Economics or Statistics from a reputed University
- More than 12 years of relevant experience in labor market issues and M&E.
IPE Global is committed to using fair, objective and positive employment practices to promote equal opportunities and diversity in employment, ensuring that all employees including potential employees are treated fairly, consistently and with respect, before, during and after, their employment. We seek to create an environment that is representative of, and responsive to, different groups.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Download Job Description