Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
Manager / Senior Manager
Thiruvananthapuram / Trivandrum (Kerala)
Type of Employment :
Contractual ( Mid Level)
31 May, 2018
About IPE Global:
IPE Global Limited is an international development consulting group providing expert technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group’s areas of expertise includes Health, Nutrition and WASH, Urban and Infrastructure Development, Education and Skills Development, Private Sector Development, Environment and Climate Change, Social and Economic Empowerment, Governance, Grant and Fund Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, and Information Technology & e-Governance.
- We are ISO 9001:2015 certified, CMMI® Level 3 and ISO 27001:2013 certifiedcompany.
- Over last 18 years, we have successfully implemented over 700 projects in over 100 countries.
- We have over 800 full time professional staff and over 1000 empanelled consultants working on various projects across the globe.
- We partner with multilateral & bilateral agencies including DFID, USAID, World Bank, DANIDA, KfW, EU, ADB, etc.; governments;private sector; and philanthropic organisation like BMGF, MasterCard Foundation, etc.
- We have subsidiaries and offices in UK (IPE Triple Line), Kenya, Ethiopia, India, Bangladesh, and Philippines
In urban sector, IPE Global provides engineering consulting services to Clients in India and abroad. We are working across urban missions in India such as AMRUT, Smart Cities, HRIDAY, Swatchh Bharat, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana and others. Our clients include development aid agencies such as World Bank, ADB, GIZ, DFID, FCO amongst others and government ministries, departments and agencies such as NITI Aayog, Central Ministries, State Government departments, State Parastatals, City Parastatals, Urban Local Bodies, and Smart Cities SPVs amongst others.For more details, please visit www.ipeglobal.com; www.ipeafrica.com
Project planning, management and reporting: Lead and monitor project planning, tasks, activities, resources, and milestones; daily, weekly and monthly reporting to Client and management; establishment of project offices and support infrastructure; keep upto date MIS and reports of all technical and management aspects of the projects.
Revenue and expenditure management: Timely invoicing and revenue collection; negotiations with suppliers and vendors for cost optimization; budgeting, cost tracking, and cost control.
Client and team management: Liaison with Client, suppliers, and consultants and maintain cordial relationships; coordination with various stakeholders within and outside the organization.
Human resource management: Plan staffing needs as per project requirements and onboard suitable human resources; appraise, monitor and guide performance of project team.
Mentoring and handholding: Provide guidance and handholding support to sub-ordinates and team members and drive team in right direction to meet project objectives.
Total quality control: Establish protocols for quality control; develop tools and formats for standardization of processes; develop frameworks and templates for deliverables and reporting; establish mechanism for branding of organization.
Qualification & Experience:
- Graduate or Post-graduate in urban planning or civil engineering or architecture or construction management or infrastructure management from a premier institute in India or abroad.
- Highly proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Project.
- PMP or PMI certification would be an added advantage
- Minimum 8 to 12 years of industry experience. Local experience of working in Kerala would be beneficial.
- Must be proficient in English, Hindi and Malayalam.
- Prior experience of smart cities projects would be beneficial.
- Preference shall be given to candidates who have prior experience in consultancy domain in managing large urban infrastructure projects in areas of design, supervision and construction; and project management consultancy.
Other relevant skills:
- Proven track record of successful project management of complex infrastructure projects
- Excellent focus on execution, should ensure responsiveness to Client, team and management.
- Ability to effectively lead, manage and energize cross-functional teams across multiple locations.
- Ability to quickly assess unclear and complex situations; covert it into clear actionable work plan, delegate, monitor and get delivered desired results.
- Must be a good communicator of vision, ideas and work requirements.
- Excellent problem solving, negotiation and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Strong working knowledge of infrastructure engineering, architectural and civil project management.
IPE Global is committed to using fair, objective and positive employment practices to promote equal opportunities and diversity in employment, ensuring that all employees including potential employees are treated fairly, consistently and with respect, before, during and after, their employment. We seek to create an environment that is representative of, and responsive to, different groups.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Download Job Description