Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
Sr. MEL and Policy Advocacy Expert - UDAAN
Type of Employment :
Contractual ( Senior Level)
28 Feb, 2018
About IPE Global:
IPE Global Limited is an international development consulting group providing expert technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The groupâ??s areas of expertise includes Social & Economic Empowerment, Health, Nutrition and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Urban Development, Education and Skills Development, Economic & Public Financial Management, Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning, Infrastructure and Engineering Development, Governance, Private Sector Development,Tourism Heritage and Conservation, Environment and Climate Change, Agriculture Development, Forest Governance, Grant and Fund Management and Information Technology & e-Governance.
We are an ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 27001:2013 certified and CMMIÂ® Level 3 company. Over the last 18 years, IPE Global has successfully implemented 750 projects in over 100 countries, across 5 major continents. IPE Global has 800 full time professional staff and over 1000 empanelled consultants working on various projects across the globe, in different locations. The group partners with multilateral & bilateral agencies including DFID, USAID, The World Bank, DANIDA, KfW, ADB, etc., governments, the private sector, not-for-profit entities and philanthropic organisations like BMGF, MasterCard Foundation, Childrenâ??s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF), etc. in anchoring development agenda for sustained and equitable growth. We draw our unparalleled management and consulting capabilities from our offices around the world. Each of our group company operates independently - Triple Line Consulting Limited (a UK based subsidiary), IPE Global (Africa) Limited (an Africa based subsidiary), Imperia Health Private Limited (a hospital management company) and IPE Global Centre for Knowledge and Development (a section 8 company focusing on research and development consultancy). For more details, please visit www.ipeglobal.com
Job Description :
IPE Global invites applications from eligible candidates for the position of Senior MEL and Advocacy Expert - UDAAN.
As Senior MEL and Advocacy Expert â?? UDAAN, s/he will primarily be responsible for designing and coordinating the overall monitoring, evaluation and learning activities of the project. S/he will be required to develop necessary tools, collect data, data clarification and cleaning, data analysis, and prepare technical reports, provide feedback and guidance on data collection & reporting to the grantees, field team, etc.
MEL and Advocacy Strategy and Implementation
- Prepare and finalise the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning strategy;
- Review all project components and design appropriate monitoring and evaluation mechanisms and reporting requirements for all key activities in each component;
- Ensure that project M&E activities are designed in line with the monitoring logframe and defined results;
- Establish baselines and counterfactuals for measurement purposes during the inception phase;
- Develop procedures and systems for reporting by granteesâ?? on the progress of implementation;
- Provide technical inputs on designing research studies;
- Set up a system and coordinate reporting requirements;
- Conduct project evaluation and prepare strategic documents / reports and disseminate the learning through appropriate forums.
Management Information System (MIS)
- Maintain up-to-date accurate records on MIS data and project indicators at all levels.
- Support in performance reporting based on donor requirements.
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced university degree in Economics, Statistics, Development Studies or other relevant disciplines;
- Not less than 10 years of experience in an M&E role including qualitative and quantitative data processing analysis;
- Experience in managing large research component including large scale data collection, management and analysis, in large-scale donor projects, preferably in gender-related programmes;
- In-depth knowledge and proven expertise in developing M&E systems, methods & tools, knowledge products and policy influencing using high quality data analytics. Operational experience in health sector highly preferred;
- Demonstrable experience setting up M&E systems for grant/fund programmes with preference for NGOs/CSOs as grants/funds recipients;
- Outstanding knowledge of SPSS / any other statistical software.
- Experience of working on large scale cash transfer programmes or direct benefits transfer;
- Good operational understanding of secondary education, health and family planning and rural development sectors and programmes;
- Preference will be given to those having previous experience of working with demanding clients, private foundations and corporates;
- Experience in implementing projects with components of Social and Behavior Change;
- Proven analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
Contract Type and Period:
This will be a fixed term contract.
The contract will be initially for a period of one year, extendable thereafter, based on performance, for a likely period of 3 years. IPE Global is a fast growing organisation with a large portfolio of programmes in India/South-East Asia and Africa and there could be opportunity for long term association for exceptionally good candidates on mutually agreed terms.
Compensation package will be commensurate with qualification & experience and last salary drawn.Download Job Description