Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
Type of Employment :
Contractual ( Junior/Mid/Senior Level)
28 Feb, 2018
About IPE Global:
IPE Global Limited is an international development consulting group providing Specialist technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group’s areas of Specialities includes Health, Nutrition and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Urban Development, Education and Skills Development, Infrastructure and Engineering Development, Private Sector Development, Tourism Heritage and Conservation, Environment and Climate Change, Agriculture Development, Forest Governance, Social and Economic Empowerment, Governance, Grant and Fund Management, Economic & Public Financial Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning and Information Technology & e-Governance.
We are an ISO 9001:2015 certified and CMMI® Level 3 company. Over the last 19 years, IPE Global has successfully implemented over 700 projects in over 100 countries, across 5 major continents. IPE Global has 800 full time professional staff and over 1000 empanelled consultants working on various projects across the globe, in diferent locations. The group partners with multilateral & bilateral agencies, governments, corporates and not-for-profit entities in anchoring development agenda for sustained and equitable growth. For more details, please visit www.ipeglobal.com
Selection of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Consulting Firm supported by Asian Development bank (ADB)
Monitoring and Evaluation firm will provide high quality services to Himachal Pradesh Kaushal Vikas Nigam (HPKVN). Project resources will be deployed as per the terms agreed with HPKVN. This dedicated team of experts / professionals would be appointed by the Agency for carrying out the assignment.
The M&E firm will assist/support HPKVN in undertaking the following broad tasksand deliverables:
- Prepare an M&E framework covering diferent project components.
- Collect baseline data.
- Conduct periodic tracer surveys to track performance across project components.
- Skill-gap analysis / demand surveys.
- Project monitoring and Capacity Building.
In addition to coordinating with HPKVN and the other IAs and line Departments, the M&E firm will work closely with the Department of Economics and Statistics (DOES), GOHP, in designing and conducting its surveys, and preparing its evaluation studies.
Project Duration: 48 Months
Person month required for the position: 40 Months
Engagement Type: Fixed Term Employment
Job Description :
Position Summary :
IPE Global is seeking Statisticians for our project in Himachal Pradesh, India. The position requires technical support to HPKVN for overall statistical and analytical support to Monitoring and Evaluation initiatives of HPKVN in the state and enabling effective
Key Result Areas :
Candidate should have strong experience in projects related to Monitoring and Evaluation and doing empirical research. Statisticians will be required to work closely with diferent departments, government personnel/ staf, industry representatives and project team members. He will:
- Ensure that the surveys are designed appropriately to test the various hypotheses.
- Undertake robust statistical and econometric analysis of the survey data.
- Explore options of designing an index of employability to gauge the efectiveness of the training.
Qualification & Experience:
- Proven track record as statistician in projects involving deep understanding of empirical research.
- Preferable experience of working with central/ state/ PSUs in providing technical assistance
- Should be a team player and have handled project teams in earlier assignments
- Preferably with a Master’s degree in Statistics or Economics from a reputed
- More than 10 years of relevant work experience in doing empirical research