Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
Barmer ( Rajasthan)
Type of Employment :
Contractual ( Junior/Mid/Senior Level)
28 Feb, 2018
About IPE Global:
IPE Global Limited (IPE Global) is an international development consultancy group providing expert technical assistance in developing countries. The group partners with multilateral and bilateral agencies, governments, corporates and not-for-profit entities in anchoring development agenda for equitable development and sustainable growth. Headquartered in India with four international offices in United Kingdom, Kenya, Ethiopia and Bangladesh, the group offers a range of integrated, innovative and high quality consulting services across several sectors and practices. The organization has multi-disciplinary team of professionals, bringing together the right skills and technical expertise for enriching lives in poor and developing countries. Our experts work closely with program stakeholders and clients to co-design solutions for complex socioeconomic issues. We strive to create enabling environment for path breaking social and policy reforms that contribute to sustainable development. For more details, please visit www.ipeglobal.com
About Project :
IPE Global will be providing high quality Techno Managerial and monitoring support to CAIRN Foundation in operationalizing the FRUs, Trauma center and strengthen the service delivery at Nandghar (state of art Aanganwaadis) in Barmer District.
To strengthen CAIRN Foundation’s CSR activities in first of its kind initiative has partnered with Government of Rajasthan and launched NAVKIRAN - which will support the government in activating and strengthening the First Referral Units (FRUs) in the district of Barmer, which will increase access to quality emergency and specialist services. Additionally the Foundation will support government to strengthen the trauma Centre at the District Hospitals which will improve access to timely critical care and result in reduction of mortality due to Road traffic Accidents. It is envisaged that through the above and new interventions will maximize the social impact and improve health outcomes for the community.
Job Description :
The Position of the Field Monitor will be a full time position based out of Barmer (Rajasthan), will require working closely with CAIRN Foundation (CF) program team in Barmer, and provide necessary administrative and management support to CF in successful implementation of programs.
Areas of Accountability :
- Accountable for regular visits to ensure proper functioning of the FRUs and Trauma centre and its operations.
- Accountable for collating the project data/information from the field and timely submission.
Roles and Responsibility :
Monitoring and Implementation:
- Monitoring of FRUs and Trauma center on a regular basis through frequent visits and ensuring their functionalization. Monitoring activities shall include:
- Facility assessment through a standard checklist every month and identify infrastructure and facility gaps in FRU and Trauma center.
- Collect qualitative feedback from patients during facility visit.
- Conduct of regular meeting with FRU team to understand the challenges and gaps in service delivery.
- Coordinate with FRU staff and support in maintaining required medicals records including medicines, consumables etc.
- Understand the supply gap and alert MOIC to ensure timely intending and supply of medicines and consumables.
- Visit the following projects of CF regularly and provide support to CF program team in strengthening those interventions
- NANDGHARS: Assist CF in understanding whether:
- A) all important Health Days (MCHN days) are conducted as per the guidelines
- B) Conducting regular meeting with ASHA, AWW and ANM to ensure increase uptake of services at Nandghar and at facility.
- Assist CF in liasioning and coordination with District Authorities to address the infrastructure gaps and other critical issues.
- Prepare a monthly micro plan/tour plan
- Liasioning and coordinating with local media to ensure adequate and positive coverage of project activities.
- Regular meeting with community leaders for advocacy, generating awareness on program and mobilizing community for increased uptake of services
Reporting and documentation
- Collecting and maintaining updated information on all project related interventions.
- Maintain monthly PCTS indicators (OPD, IPD, Institutional deliveries, investigations etc.) for FRUs
- Coordinate with FRU team (Data entry operator) and provide required support to ensure facility indicators are correctly uploaded in PCTS (Govt. MIS) within the submission timeline.
- Coordinate with District Hospital team and collect the trauma center monthly indicators/data.
- Coordinate with CF team to collect information and monthly data on their existing project interventions.
- Preparing the minutes/activity report of health camps and important Health days (MCHN days, Sector meeting, Community meeting)
- Timely completion and submission of travel and other reimbursements.
- Responsible for arrangement of logistics for any delegate visit/external consultant for field visits in Barmer
- Graduate (B.Sc./Degree in Allied Health sciences – Nursing, Pharmacy etc./Social sciences) with minimum 4-5 years of experience in managing public health programs at District levels
Essential Skill Set :
- Understanding of public healthcare programs and functioning of District Health system
- Networking skills to liaison and coordinate with District Health Authorities
- Other desirable skills and experiences: Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Power Point is essential.