Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
Health Insurance Expert
Type of Employment :
Contractual ( Senior Level)
28 Feb, 2018
About IPE Global:
IPE Global Limited (IPE Global) is an international development consultancy group providing expert technical assistance in developing countries. The group partners with multilateral and bilateral agencies, governments, corporates and not-for-profit entities in anchoring development agenda for equitable development and sustainable growth. Headquartered in India with four international offices in United Kingdom, Kenya, Ethiopia and Bangladesh, the group offers a range of integrated, innovative and high quality consulting services across several sectors and practices. The organization has multi-disciplinary team of professionals, bringing together the right skills and technical expertise for enriching lives in poor and developing countries. Our experts work closely with program stakeholders and clients to co-design solutions for complex socioeconomic issues. We strive to create enabling environment for path breaking social and policy reforms that contribute to sustainable development. For more details, please visit www.ipeglobal.com
About Project :
IPE Global will be providing high quality Techno Managerial and monitoring support to CAIRN Foundation in operationalizing the FRUs, Trauma center and strengthen the service delivery at Nandghar (state of art Aanganwaadis) in Barmer District.
To strengthen CAIRN Foundation’s CSR activities in first of its kind initiative has partnered with Government of Rajasthan and launched NAVKIRAN - which will support the government in activating and strengthening the First Referral Units (FRUs) in the district of Barmer, which will increase access to quality emergency and specialist services. Additionally the Foundation will support government to strengthen the trauma Centre at the District Hospitals which will improve access to timely critical care and result in reduction of mortality due to Road traffic Accidents. It is envisaged that through the above and new interventions will maximize the social impact and improve health outcomes for the community.
Job Description :
IPE Global is inviting applications for the position of Health Insurance Expert. The incumbent would be responsible for providing technical assistance in developing a health insurance product covering primary care.
Health Insurance expert role will be to develop a community based health Insurance product targeted at poor communities in Barmer which will cover primary care services, so that gaps left in existing government schemes can be met. Expert will also develop the marketing and communication plan to generate community awareness about the Insurance product and develop a monitoring mechanism for administering the scheme roll out.
Expert will work closely with Department of Health, Government of Rajasthan, CAIRN and IPE Global team and lead the overall development of insurance product, lead the technical discussions with Government authorities and assist the stakeholders in decision making process.
Roles and Responsibility :
The following roles are envisaged for the position but not limited to:
- Carry out a feasibility study in Barmer to test the possibility of launching health insurance product for covering primary care (outpatient basis)
- Review and analyse the BSBY claims data, utilization etc. generated from health facilities in Barmer and develop key insights to be shared with government
- Support and assist the Department of Health in technical oversight to specific activities under BSBY scheme in Barmer (Outreach camps to increase utilization)
- Develop marketing and communication plan for improving outreach activities (BSBY camps)
- Designing insurance product addressing the gaps appropriately following the principle of topping up over existing government schemes
- Lead technical discussions with state government and stakeholders
- BSBY Analysis report
- Feasibility study report
- Marketing and communication plan
- Design of Insurance product
- Monthly progress report
- Master’s Degree in Health Economics/Finance/Public Health
- Minimum 10 Years of experience in working in health sector and experience of implementation of health insurance schemes
Essential Skill Set :
- Knowledge and understanding of health insurance product designing and implementation experience of any government sponsored health insurance scheme