Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
Project Performance and Management Specialist (PPMS)
Type of Employment :
Consultant ( Senior Level)
28 Feb, 2018
About IPE Global:
IPE Global Limited is an international development consulting group providing expert technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group’s areas of expertise includes Health, Nutrition and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Urban Development, Education and Skills Development, Infrastructure and Engineering Development, Private Sector Development, Tourism Heritage and Conservation,Environment and Climate Change, Agriculture Development, Forest Governance, Social and Economic Empowerment, Governance, Grant and Fund Management, Economic & Public Financial Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning and Information Technology & e-Governance.
- We are ISO 9001:2015 certified, CMMI® Level 3 and ISO 27001:2013 certified company.
- Over last 18 years, we have successfully implemented over 700 projects in over 100 countries.
- We have over 800 full time professional staff and over 1000 empanelled consultants working on various projects across the globe.
- We partner with multilateral & bilateral agencies including DFID, USAID, World Bank,DANIDA, KfW, EU, ADB, etc.; governments; private sector; and philanthropic organisation like BMGF, MasterCard Foundation, etc.
- We have subsidiaries and offices in UK (IPE Triple Line), Kenya, Ethiopia, India,Bangladesh, and Philippines.
For more details, please visit www.ipeglobal.com ; www.ipeafrica.com
KUWS&DB as the State Level Nodal Agency (SLNA) is the fulcrum in implementation of AMRUT Mission in Karnataka ,to strengthen the capacity of SLNA and the ULBs in planning, developing and implementing the composite array of tasks associated with the Mission to meet its socio-economic objectives and to assist the ULBs covered under the Mission in discharging its roles and responsibilities assigned as per the AMRUT guidelines, KUWS&DB entrusted IPE Global Limited as Project Development and Management Consultant (PDMC). The PDMC staff work in close association with the State Level Nodal Agency (SLNA) and 27 ULBs on a regular basis to ensure effective coordination and achievement of Mission targets by providing technical as well as administrative aspects of project development, monitoring and implementation assistance. In addition, the PDMC also liaises with the Mission Directorate for meeting their requirements during programme implementation. PDMC operates as an integrated wing of the SLNA, under its overall supervision and guidance, in monitoring and implementation of the programme. PDMC focuses on Project Development, Programme Management and Monitoring by providing requisite technical and managerial support to SLNA besides sustainable capacity building of ULBs in operationalizing industry best practice project management procedures, institutional development, monitoring and quality assuring the outputs of the program.
- Design and implement suitable PPMS and ensure establishing and proper functioning.
- Select a set of performance indicators relating to physical infrastructure development (water, sewerage/ sanitation, urban roads/transport, solid waste management, slum improvement).
- Select a set of performance indicators relating to social (resettlement, gender, and indigenous people) and environmental, institutional capacity development including the urban governance, finance, and service delivery improvements.
- Establish baseline data for each of the selected indicators by conducting baseline surveys of all indicators, to understand the initial conditions and conduct annual surveys to update the baseline values.
- Track project and project implementation activities, target dates, expected inputs, impacts, outcomes and outputs against each indicator to monitor and evaluate the performance of the project and the subprojects under each tranche.
- Standardization of formats and reports for dissemination to various stakeholders of the project
- Based on the findings, provide an independent monitoring and feedback mechanism to State Government, to ensure that the primary objectives of the project are being met, and recommend ways to modify the project design and implementation mechanisms to meet the primary objectives of the project.
- Design a project website and effectively use for PPMS and public information.
- Design and implementation of suitable system for E- Governance and E- Procurement.
- Design and implementation of Management Information System (MIS) for the project
- Assist in preparation of QPR, annual reports and other mandatory deliverables.
- Coordinate between PMU, PIU and consultant team
- Ensure timely delivery of the deliverables
- Coordination within field and office activities
- Ensure timely availability of Consultant, as required for project, to PMU or respective PIUs
- Prepare and submit monthly staff and work schedule to PMU and respective PIUs and ensure implementation.
- Any other work assigned by the competent Authority.
Qualification & Experience
- Graduate Engineer/ Urban Planner/ MCA
- 10 years’ experience of designing and implementing a suitable PPMS for projects preferably
related to urban sector.