Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
Type of Employment :
Contractual ( Mid Level)
31 May, 2018
About IPE Global:
IPE Global Limited is an international development consulting group providing expert technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group’s areas of expertise includes Health, Nutrition and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Urban Development, Education and Skills Development, Infrastructure and Engineering Development, Private Sector Development, Tourism Heritage and Conservation,Environment and Climate Change, Agriculture Development, Forest Governance, Social and Economic Empowerment, Governance, Grant and Fund Management, Economic & Public Financial Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning and Information Technology & e-Governance.
- We are ISO 9001:2015 certified, CMMI® Level 3 and ISO 27001:2013 certified company.
- Over last 18 years, we have successfully implemented over 700 projects in over 100 countries.
- We have over 800 full time professional staff and over 1000 empanelled consultants working on various projects across the globe.
- We partner with multilateral & bilateral agencies including DFID, USAID, World Bank,DANIDA, KfW, EU, ADB, etc.; governments; private sector; and philanthropic organisation like BMGF, MasterCard Foundation, etc.
- We have subsidiaries and offices in UK (IPE Triple Line), Kenya, Ethiopia, India,Bangladesh, and Philippines.
For more details, please visit www.ipeglobal.com ; www.ipeafrica.com
This Networking & IT Infrastructure Specialistappointment will be under Project Management Consultant (PMC) to Implement Area Based Development in Smart City Kochi. Must possess post-qualification experience in the areas of networking and IT infrastructure and must have extensive knowledge of network connectivity, protocols, network security devices, network types, including wireless, fiber optics and common operating systems etc.
Desirable: Experience in smart cities is desirable.
Project Duration: 3years.
Scope of work: This solution architect will be responsible for the design & development of secure solutions relating to engineering and infrastructure projects under smart city projects implementation.In addition, the specialist shall be responsible for day to day performance of project. Other scope of work includes:
- Provide technical networking & IT expertise to the team and other stakeholders
- Inputs for specified technological area, which includes knowledge of applicable processes, methodologies, standards, and frameworks associated with ICT projects under smart city.
- Review functional and non-functional requirements, design architecture, contribute to estimate efforts and build plan.
- Ensure security and data privacy following regulations.
- Monitor technologies and applicable standards of the domain
- Contribute to development and updates of security policies.
- Document architecture and create visual support for main critical design and technical choices.
- Network management, software development and database administration.
- Preparation of technical document for the IT solutions to implement related infrastructure services, networking infrastructure etc.
- Integration of various IT stand-alone systems and services.
- Extensive knowledge of certifications and standards.
- Ensuring that all the projects and sub-projects are designed and executed as per the bid requirements and specifications.
Qualification & Experience:
Relevant Qualification: Must possess Degree in Information Technology/ ElectronicsEngineering or equivalent.
- 7years experience in Solution Architect projects and experience in government systems
- Prior experience in consulting domain.
* Additional relevant qualification or certification or membership will be an added advantage.
IPE Global is committed to using fair, objective and positive employment practices to promote equal opportunities and diversity in employment, ensuring that all employees including potential employees are treated fairly, consistently and with respect, before, during and after, their employment. We seek to create an environment that is representative of, and responsive to, different groups.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Download Job Description