Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
Team Leader and Urban Planner
Type of Employment :
Consultant ( Junior/Mid/Senior Level)
1 Dec, 2017
About IPE Global:
IPE Global Limited is an international development consulting group providing expert technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group’s areas of expertise includes Health, Nutrition and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Urban Development, Education and Skills Development, Infrastructure and Engineering Development, Private Sector Development, Tourism Heritage and Conservation,Environment and Climate Change, Agriculture Development, Forest Governance, Social and Economic Empowerment, Governance, Grant and Fund Management, Economic & Public Financial Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning and Information Technology & e-Governance.
- We are ISO 9001:2015 certified, CMMI® Level 3 and ISO 27001:2013 certified company.
- Over last 18 years, we have successfully implemented over 700 projects in over 100 countries.
- We have over 800 full time professional staff and over 1000 empanelled consultants working on various projects across the globe.
- We partner with multilateral & bilateral agencies including DFID, USAID, World Bank,DANIDA, KfW, EU, ADB, etc.; governments; private sector; and philanthropic organisation like BMGF, MasterCard Foundation, etc.
- We have subsidiaries and offices in UK (IPE Triple Line), Kenya, Ethiopia, India,Bangladesh, and Philippines.
For more details, please visit www.ipeglobal.com ; www.ipeafrica.com
About the Project
The proposal focuses on a series of interventions including development of pedestrian friendly spaces,promotion of Non-motorized transportation, la, reorganization of public spaces, development of green pockets & public recreational spaces among others. The transformation of various areas like Ranital, Civic Centre and Gol Bazaar will simultaneously create an economic vibrant zone and serving the entire city area.
The proposal emphasizes on improving various basic infrastructures and municipal services on this area with improved roads, signage, 24x7 water supply & RFID’s for waste collection. The funding of the smart city project will be partially sponsored from the Government of India and Government of Madhya Pradesh. The remaining funds will be obtained through convergence from various sources like bilateral & multilateral donor agencies (ADB, WB, JICA, DFID etc.) and various Government of India schemes (AMRUT, SBM, Digital India etc.)
The responsibilities include:
- Overall lead and manage the project, field and office activities; Responsible for overall Project management and administration of all project components; Coordination, consultations with Stakeholder, Local authorities as required and liaise with Clients & Contractors.
- Ensure timely mobilization of resources; Conduct technical co-ordination, review and approve designs.
- Supervise preparation of master/zonal plan and review.
- Review Detail engineering and preparing cost estimate by the contractor.
- Review tender documents, QA & QC manuals.
- supervise project procurement; perform evaluation of bids, establish contract tracking systems,implement schedules & milestones, manage contract and payments.
- Comply with contract specification and liaison with Client & Contractor.
- Oversee all procurement, contractual or site related issues during the project implementation.
- Regular Quality Monitoring and ensuring team adherence to various project compliances and standards.
- Conduct progress review meeting and take appropriate action for completion of various site activities as per schedule.
- Ensure timely completion of the activities.
- Overall review and submission of Progress and Project Completion Reports.
Qualification & Experience
- Post Graduate in urban/ regional planning and Graduate in Architecture.
- Minimum 12 Years of work experience.
- Relevant experience in formulating detailed master plan, development control regulations,preparing master plan assignments of similar magnitude and nature.
- Ability to maintain high quality work, while meeting tight deadlines.