Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
Project Director - RajPusht
Type of Employment :
Contractual ( Junior/Mid/Senior Level)
1 Dec, 2017
About IPE Global:
IPE Global Limited is an international development consulting group providing expert technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group’s areas of expertise includes Health, Nutrition and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Urban Development, Education and Skills Development, Infrastructure and Engineering Development, Private Sector Development, Tourism Heritage and Conservation,Environment and Climate Change, Agriculture Development, Forest Governance, Social and Economic Empowerment, Governance, Grant and Fund Management, Economic & Public Financial Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning and Information Technology & e-Governance.
- We are ISO 9001:2015 certified, CMMI® Level 3 and ISO 27001:2013 certified company.
- Over last 18 years, we have successfully implemented over 700 projects in over 100 countries.
- We have over 800 full time professional staff and over 1000 empanelled consultants working on various projects across the globe.
- We partner with multilateral & bilateral agencies including DFID, USAID, World Bank,DANIDA, KfW, EU, ADB, etc.; governments; private sector; and philanthropic organisation like BMGF, MasterCard Foundation, etc.
- We have subsidiaries and offices in UK (IPE Triple Line), Kenya, Ethiopia, India,Bangladesh, and Philippines.
For more details, please visit www.ipeglobal.com ; www.ipeafrica.com
Government of India through its flagship programme, Integrated Child Development Scheme (ICDS) has attempted to solve the problems of maternal and child malnutrition. The Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) has had limited success in reducing malnutrition and this is recognised across the national and state Governments. Specifically its Take-Home Rations (THR) provided to 130 million beneficiaries is acknowledged by the government as being ineffective.
To address the challenges of ICDS, Government of Rajasthan (GoR) and Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF), UK have undertaken a joint initiative - Project RajPusht. This is a 5 year program which aims to radically simplify and reform the ICDS to make it functional and effective in addressing maternal and child malnutrition. This will be achieved by replacing THR with cash on a pilot basis, dovetailing it with the Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana(PMMVY), as a more effective way to achieve better maternal and child nutrition outcomes. Intensive Behavioural Change Communication (BCC) will be undertaken to bring a positive change in knowledge, attitudes and practices around consumption of nutrient dense food by Pregnant and Lactating Women (PLW) and children <3 years.
The program will also evaluate the efficacy of this integrated intervention in improving maternal and child nutrition to guide the scale up within country and enrich global knowledge on cash transfers. This investment will focus on 2 high-burden districts (Baran and Udaipur), demonstrating the model before scale-up.
IPE Global invites applications from eligible candidates for the position of Project Director - Rajpusht.
As Project Director - Rajpusht, s/he will provide overall leadership and be responsible for managing the execution of project interventions through effective use of resources. S/he will lead the process of development of overall strategies, designing approaches to meet project results/deliverables, including its long-term transformative impact on the implementation of ICDS in Rajasthan.
S/he will be accountable for all aspects of planning, implementing, monitoring, budgeting,reporting and coordinating technical assistance and implementation of the project. S/he would also be required to engage in advocacy efforts with the implementing departments particularly on policy level interventions.
The Project Director will oversee all technical and managerial staff of the project to ensure contracts and agreements are executed and implemented to the satisfaction of the client. Day-to-day collaboration will be required with all members of the staff to ensure the project is able to achieve its objectives.
Project Director - RajPusht will serve as the key contact point for all communication with CIFF,various implementing partners, government, evaluators, monitoring agencies and other stakeholders to develop consensus around the project and its implementation.
Strategy development, implementation and monitoring
- Support the development and execute overall project strategy, guide the team in designing action plans for executing the project interventions, lead the preparation of work-plan for the project on an annual basis and achieve project results.
- Ensure activities are implemented and monitored within the work plan, on time,within planned budgets and is of high quality.
- Ensure the timely and complete submission of all work plans, progress reports,performance reports and responses to Client requests for performance, success stories, and financial and procurement information for the project.
- Establish the project as a brand in the state of Rajasthan pioneering the transformation in ICDS implementation.
- Responsible for the implementation, management, supervision and monitoring of all activities of the project.
- Analyse trends in the project, identifying issues and taking corrective actions.
- Identify additional inputs required to accomplish the results/deliverables under the project.
- Document and share lessons learned and best practices.
- Maintain effective communication with the team members, Client and other stakeholders.
- Ensure quality of deliverables/ products developed and shared with government and Client.
- Organise periodic reviews to assess the progress of the project/ activities and guide team members on streamlining the activities as per the agreed timeframe.
- Coordinate with the nodal departments in the State for implementation of project interventions.
- Establish and nurture external partnerships that will contribute to the success of CIFF investment.
- Ensure high quality interactions and clear and consistent communications with CIFF, including preparing tailored presentations for the CIFF Board.
- Manage strategic relationships with other funders and implementing agencies.
- Strategic thinking on long-term change, indicators, and linkages with other initiatives.
- Build and nurture high level political ownership for the project and use it to help the state government to scale up the pilot interventions under the project.
- Oversee project budget development and undertake regular analysis of project expenditure, sub-awards and lead the preparation of budget amendments/modification.
- Identifying cost savings and having a commercial approach to operations.
- Ensure tracking of progress and fund utilisation as per the laid out financial plan.
- Delivering reports that track spending against budget and providing narrative of variances.
Managing Pay for Performance
- Integration of pay for performance in collaboration with CIFF’s evolving best practices.
- Negotiating, executing and managing complex, performance-based contracts/sub-grants.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, Project Director - RajPusht may be required to undertake other duties as determined by the team leader that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Qualification & Experience
- Post Graduate in Public Helath/Management/ Social Sciences or a related field with minimum 15 years of experience in managing large projects/ programmes in health and nutrition.
- Leadership/ management consulting experience in development or strategy organisation, either public or private, including responsibility for programme strategy,design and implementation.
- Exceptional results orientation combined with strong relationship management skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with government counterparts, implementation partners, as well as, with development agencies & donors.
- Demonstrated experience building and leading strategic partnerships with key stakeholders from diverse sectors including NGOs, government and the private sector.
- Computer proficiency with high level of familiarity with data base management and commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel and Power Point, etc.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills..
- Experiencing of implementing large scale cash transfer programmes or direct benefits transfer.
- Good operational understanding of maternal and child nutrition and rural development sectors and programmes.
- Experience in leading and managing a diverse team of professionals.
- Proven track record of working with external partners, agencies and governments.
- Preference will be given to those having previous experience of working with demanding clients, private foundations and corporates.