Apply Now Back
Job Title / Position:
Technical Expert cum Team Leader (Family Planning) - Udaan (Technical Support Unit)
Jaipur (Rajasthan, India)
Type of Employment :
Contractual ( Junior/Mid/Senior Level)
1 Dec, 2017
About IPE Global:
IPE Global Limited is an international development consulting group providing expert technical assistance and solutions for equitable development and sustainable growth in developing countries. The group’s areas of expertise includes Health, Nutrition and WASH, Urban and Infrastructure Development, Education and Skills Development, Private Sector Development, Environment and Climate Change, Social and Economic Empowerment, Governance, Grant and Fund Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, and Information Technology & e-Governance.
- We are ISO 9001:2015 certified, CMMI® Level 3 and ISO 27001:2013 certified company.
- Over last 18 years, we have successfully implemented over 700 projects in over 100 countries.
- We have over 800 full time professional staff and over 1000 empanelled consultants working on various projects across the globe
- We partner with multilateral & bilateral agencies including DFID, USAID, World Bank, DANIDA, KfW, EU, ADB, etc.; governments; private sector; and philanthropic organisation like BMGF, MasterCard Foundation, etc.
- We have subsidiaries and offices in UK (IPE Triple Line), Kenya, Ethiopia, India,Bangladesh, and Philippines.
For more details, please visit www.ipeglobal.com ; www.ipeafrica.com
Project Udaan, is a joint initiative by Government of Rajasthan (GoR) and Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF), UK for a period of 4 years to prevent early marriage, early pregnancies and galvanise Government leadership by bringing together key departments to demonstrate a new model for transforming adolescent lives that is effective and scalable. Specific interventions under this investment will focus on 2 high-burden districts, demonstrating the model before scale-up.
The programme will achieve its goal through following three strategies:
- Expanding contraception method mix and choices of young women - The programme will support the Director Family Welfare, GoR to effectively roll out Injectable Contraceptives-Intra Muscular (IC-IM) across the 15 districts by setting-up a Technical Support Unit (TSU) within govt. This TSU will assist GoR in designing the IC-IM roll out strategy, SOPs for provision, facilitate in capacity building, develop a procurement and social & behaviour change communication (SBCC) plan, along with an IT enabled MIS.The programme will also undertake a pilot to assess the feasibility and user acceptance of IC Sub-Cutaneous (IC-SC) in selected geographies of Rajasthan, which has been licensed and appr
- Strengthening knowledge, attitude and practices on sexual and reproductive health among adolescents (Experimental) - This component aims to design, demonstrate and transfer a user centric model of Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram (RKSK) for scale-up. It will rework the curriculum on Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) for RKSK peer educators by content substitution and pedagogy techniques; identify and train peer educators using the revised module for training in-school and out-of-school IPE Global Limited adolescents; form and nurture adolescent groups (separate for boys & girls) and block level federations; build evidence and advocate for scale-up.
Keeping girls in secondary school by improving the outreach of scholarships programme – The programme will focus on strengthening scholarship delivery systems (IT enabled); generate wide public awareness on the scholarship schemes; mobilise communities to shift traditional norms with regard to girls’ education; and build capacities of government functionaries for effective state wide scale up.
- IPE Global invites applications from eligible candidates for the position of Technical Expert cum Team Leader (Family Planning) under the Technical Support Unit (TSU) being established within the Medical Health & Family Welfare Dept., GoR to support the roll-out of Mission Parivar Vikas in the State.
- As Technical Expert cum Team Leader (Family Planning) – Udaan, S/he will head the Technical Support Unit (TSU) to support GoR in the roll-out of Mission Parivar Vikas (MPV) in the State. S/he will be responsible for expanding contraception method mix (with focus on injectable contraceptives) under MPV. S/he will work closely with the Mission Director (NHM), Project Director (Family Welfare), Govt. of Rajasthan and Project Director - Udaan. Responsibilities include providing leadership and technical guidance in the development and implementation of program activities in collaboration with the rest of the senior management team.
1.Strategy development, implementation and monitoring
- Provide leadership and technical guidance for roll-out of Mission Parivar Vikas (support the development of implementation strategies, capacity building plans, work plan and action plans for executing the project interventions, guide the team in designing/adapting guidelines, protocols, etc.);
- Work with Dept. of MH&FW, implementing partners, and health staff at various levels to ensure implementation of MPV;
- Ensure effective support for managing logistics of contraceptive supplies in collaboration with other donors;
- Design a pilot to assess the feasibility and user acceptance of self-administration using Sub-Cutaneous injectable contraceptives;
- Ensure activities are implemented and monitored within the work plan, on time, within planned budgets and is of high quality;
- Ensure the timely and complete submission of all work plans, progress reports,performance reports and responses to Client;
- Promote and ensure value for money in implementation of project strategies.
- Responsible for the implementation, management, supervision and monitoring of all activities under the component;
- Analyse trends in the project, identifying issues and taking corrective actions;
- Ensure documentation of lessons learned and best practices;
- Maintain effective communication with the team members, other stakeholders.;
- Ensure quality of deliverables/ products developed and shared with government and stakeholders;
- Organise periodic reviews to assess the progress of the project/ activities and guide team members on streamlining the activities as per the agreed timeframe.
- Coordinate with the nodal departments and other agencies working in the State for implementation of project interventions;
- Ensure high quality interactions and clear and consistent communications with Department of Medical Health & Family Welfare, and Project Director – Udaan;
- Manage strategic relationships with stakeholders involved in the process.
- Integration of pay for performance in collaboration with evolving best practices;
- Negotiating, executing and managing complex, performance-based contracts/sub-grants.
5.Managing Pay for Performance
- Strategic thinking on long-term change, indicators, and linkages with other initiatives;
- Build and nurture high level political ownership for the project for scale up of pilot interventions under the project.
Qualification & Experience
- Degree in Medicine/ Public Health or similar discipline with atleast 10 years of experience in managing large projects/ programmes in the area of family planning..
- Leadership/ management consulting experience in development or strategy organisation, either public or private, including responsibility for programme strategy, design and implementation;;
- Demonstrated technical expertise in contraception, family planning, reproductive health, and adolescent health;;
- Thorough knowledge of contemporary FP/RH issues and community-based interventions;
- Computer proficiency with high level of familiarity with data base management and commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel and Power Point, etc.;
- Must be able to demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to clearly communicate new program and technical concepts to technical and non-technical counterparts;
- Good operational understanding of health sector and family planning related programmes;
- Preference will be given to those having previous experience of working with demanding clients, private foundations and corporates;
- Knowledge of website content management;
- Ability to translate data / information into a comprehensive narrative for multiple audiences;
- Able to translate strategic direction into implementable plans for delivering on improved performance.
This will be a fixed term contract.
The contract will be initially for a period of one year, extendable thereafter, based on performance, for a likely period of 3 years. IPE Global is a fast growing organisation with a large portfolio of programmes in India/South-East Asia and Africa and there could be opportunity for long term association for exceptionally good candidates on mutually agreed terms.Download Job Description